This special caring guide for your luxury percale sheets and pillowcases was created specially for our Thomas Lee Sheets. Please heed special attention in caring for your sheets and pillowcases so you can realize the longterm joy of feeling our sheets grow softer over time.
Unless the care instructions on the sewn-in label specifically state otherwise, our luxury cotton sheets and pillowcases may be safely machine-washed or professionally laundered. Cold or warm water for the wash cycle is best. Opt for a cold-water rinse.
Washing Instructions for Our Percale Sheets & Pillowcases
- You may use your washing machine or have these sheets professionally laundered
- Cold or warm water for the wash cycle
- You can use popular laundry detergents without fabric softeners
- Only use 1/4 to 1/3 of the recommended laundry detergent amount on the box or bottle
- Do not use fabric softeners on our sheets
- Never use chlorine bleach – it weakens the cotton fibers
- Cold water rinse
- If your washing machine has the option for a second rinse cycle, use it to ensure that any excess soap is washed out. Excess soap will make our percale sheets feel scratchy.
Drying Instructions for Our Percale Sheets & Pillowcases
- Unless the item label states otherwise, you may tumble dry your sheets using the permanent press or low temperature setting only
- Do not use high heat – it will “cook” the sheet fibers and cause it to lose its natural softness
- Never use dryer sheets
- Remove your luxury sheets immediately at the end of the drying cycle and smooth while folding
- You may iron while still damp using the cotton or linen setting on your iron
*Special Care Note: Some lotions, creams, and soaps contain chemicals that act just like bleach with most textiles. Make sure that you thoroughly wash your hands and/or face before drying after applying any cream, lotion, or makeup. You should not use dyed towels or sheets if you use creams, lotions, or soaps that contain benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A or alpha hydroxide. If you use products with benzoyl peroxide (like Clearasil and other acne medication) or alpha hydroxide or Retin-A, we suggest that you buy our white percale sheets.
Following these easy care instructions will help your soft and comfortable Thomas Lee Sheets realize more softness over time.